A native Wisconsinite, Duffy was born and raised in Hayward, Wis.
He obtained a marketing degree from St. Mary's University, and a law degree from William Mitchell College of Law.
Duffy was appointed district attorney in 2002 and held the position until 2008. In 2009, he announced his campaign for Congress in Wisconsin's seventh congressional district. On November 2nd, 2010, Duffy won the Congressional race, swinging the district from a Democratic Congressman to Republic.
Check out Sean's latest ratings on Votesmart.org
To view Sean's latest votes, visit the Office of the Clerk
5 Reasons to watch for Sean Duffy
Kelly Westlund (D.)
After spending much of her life in the southern part of the nation, Kelly moved to Wisconsin after obtaining a degree in Peace, Conflict, and Global Studies at Northwestern College.
Westlund works with various professional organizations to reduce wastes and create a more sustainable and green environment.
As a small business owner, she is passionate about supporting local farmers and creating a strong local food system.
5 Reasons to watch for Kelly Westlund
1. She has shown immense passion for the working middle-class.
2. She is openly vocal about her discontentment with incumbent Sean Duffy.
3. She has been completely transparent with her political views (examples are shown below).
4. She has been named a "progressive champion" by bloggers and has been endorsed by many progressive organizations throughout the state.
5. She is new to congress. Although she may not have the experience, she has shown that she has drive. Her 26 counties is 26 days tour and her minimum wage petition are just two examples of how she has demonstrated her willingness to work hard for the people of Wisconsin. She is a fresh face with new ideas and high hopes for the people of Wisconsin.